Cellulite, the dimpled looking skin that commonly appears in the thigh, bottom or belly areas, is a hot topic for many. According to a study in the Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy it is estimated that 85% of all women 21 years and older have cellulite.
What causes cellulite?
Cellulite develops mainly on the thighs as this area has more fatty tissues. Other factors that contribute to the development of cellulite could be:
- Increased fatty tissue caused by weight gain
- Poor circulation in the legs
- Poor lymphatic drainage
- Thinning outer layer of skin
- Age, estrogen and family history
While cellulite might be frustrating, it does not indicate that there is an issue in your overall health. The good news is, there is a way to make it less noticeable!
The G5 Cellutec Massage
The G5 massager is a massaging piece of equipment with the ability to be used in a variety of applications that works on breaking down fatty deposits, cellulite and removing toxins and excess fluid from the body through the lymphatic areas. This technique further stimulates blood circulation, improves skin elasticity and collagen flow.
Further Benefits of the G5 massage:
- It is non-surgical and non-invasive which means there is no recovery time and you can go about your daily activities as per normal
- Inexpensive compared to surgery and injections
- As this technique works for various parts of the body (back, thighs, shoulder and stomach) it is suitable for body sculpting
Who should avoid the G5 Massage Technique?
The G5 is a very low-risk option, however the technique is not recommended for individuals who experience or have been diagnosed with any of the following:
- Recently undergone surgery, chemotherapy or some other medical procedure.
- If you have or are prone to developing blood clots.
- If you are pregnant
- Massage should not be done over injuries, inflamed skin, rashes
Possible Side Effects (rarely are these side effect serious):
- Muscle Soreness
- Skin redness
When should I consider the G5 cellulite treatment?
As a rule of thumb for this treatment, it’s best if your cellulite is first or second grade. This is how to tell where you are:
Grade 1: No visible cellulite standing, sitting, or laying down. You can only see it when the skin is pinched.
Grade 2: Dimples become visible when you stand only. Not when laying down.
Grade 3: You can see cellulite when you are standing AND when you are laying down.
It is our experience that the G5 treatments really work better when used together with an active lifestyle.
At Kallima Lifestyle Clinic we recommend a course of 5 G5 treatments for best results.