Want to do something nice for your girlfriend, mother, sister or best friend?
A trip to a day spa is becoming a popular treat - but it's important to know what happens behind the scenes so you don't cause offence.
But what actually happens at a day spa? Any why would someone go there over a beauty salon?
A day spa offers a variety of services focused on improving a client’s health, beauty and relaxation through a variety of personal care treatments. This services can include massages, nails, facials, body treatments and beauty services, which may include manicures, pedicures and spray tans.
A day spa often combines hair and beauty salon with spa services.
The major differences between a day spa and a beauty salon is that a day spa – as it suggests – offers a day that includes a range of services. Generally, clients wonder the facility in a robe – the premises is often a lot bigger than a beauty salon – with rooms dedicated to water therapy and saunas. Whereas people who visit a beauty salon walk into a small venue (one or two treatment rooms) often stay in plain clothes and go for just one service – such as waxing.
Some things you may like to consider before choosing a day spa include:
- What services are available at the spa? Does it offer everything you’re looking for?
- Is it recommended? What feedback or reviews has it received on CanadianBeautyHub?
- Are the staff trained? Will you be getting the best quality for your money?
- What are the costs? What do the costs specifically include?
- Are you getting the best price? Do they offer a package for everything you want?
- What’s the atmosphere like at the day spa? Will you feel comfortable?
And we have some tips from the beauticians who work in day spas – these are the dos and don’ts of visiting a day spa:
- Maximise your treatment time: allow three minutes to disrobe and turn off your phone
- Talking disrupts your experience – don’t talk during a treatment (unless making a request)
- Wear the disposable underwear and your towel in saunas where both genders are present
- Arrive 15-30 minutes early to use the pre-treatment facilities and get in the right headspace
- Leave within an hour after your experience to avoid getting in the way of other guests
- Don’t check your phone during treatment or allow yourself to become overly self-conscious
- If you would prefer a female or male therapist, specify this as you make your appointment
- Therapists like to be tipped – no matter where you are in the world.
For more information, please search for a day spa in the CanadianBeautyHub directory and contact the business for more information about the services offered.